Things are about to "click"

7.12.10
Today is my first day of retirement - er, that is the first day of my life as professional photographer. It's kind of a mixed bag - I have so many ideas I want to pursue, yet I kind of feel like I'm on vacation. It's a beautiful, warm, sunny day and I have an agenda - declutter my office, mat and frame beach pictures to sell this weekend at LBI, make a wedding album to show my work, update the website, figure out how to use some new software, practice lighting techniques with some new equipment I purchased recently..... Oh dear, I've got more on my list than I'm going to be able to handle.
I gave myself an assignment to start the new career off - photography my brother's family. Now THAT was a challenge! Even with a great deal of help, trying to get 5 people to smile at the same time was quite an effort. There are 3 I like:





Even so, the baby, Brynn just doesn't look happy. I may have to do some cloning of heads. I did do a bit better just trying to focus in on the children individually.
Oops -he's not one of the children! Well, he was as we were growing up - that's my baby brother, Paul. Rather, handsome, huh? And here's the child I'm trying to train to smile for my camera, Mr. Ryan.
OK, so even though I feel like I'm playing on my first official day as a pro, I really am working hard.  Thanks for stopping by and keep on shooting great photos!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Doing my best to capture Austin's weirdness