When in Rome....

Guess that really should be "When in Austin..." 

We've been here six weeks already and we really are falling in love with it, even despite the hottest summer on record. I have taken so many pictures of this colorful city, I'm trying to figure out what to do with them all. I'm contemplating writing a "Travel" article and pitching it to a magazine. It seems to me that when I ask Austinites where they came from, most seem to be transplants, but all seem to agree that they love it here. What's not to love? Great restaurants, outrageous music scene, colorful sights at every turn, lots of cool watering holes and beautiful flowers everywhere.
 This week we headed to Juan in a Million for an outrageous brunch.  They offered a plate of their special blend of eggs, cheese, bacon and potatoes with FIVE taco shells for $3.60!!!
That was two meals plus sharing for me! But it was oh so good. Then we headed to the University of Texas' Ransome Center where they house the world's FIRST photograph and lots of other wonderful treasures, including the Gutenberg Bible and original letters from Tennesee Williams.
Hard to make out, but you can really see a rooftop scene if you walk around at several different angles. Pretty amazing since it was an 8 hour exposure created in 1826!

The University itself has some amazing architecture, beautiful grounds and some intriguing history.



And let's not forget the definitve photo everyone takes.....
This was just ONE day among many very photographic days we've had here. Stay tuned for my look at San Antonio and my upcoming visit to the Cathedral of Junk!

Happy shooting, friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Getting Out and Shooting Again