Kelby's 4th Annual Photowalk

Trophy Point
Cadets paused to pose.

It still amazes me to discover there are folks who don't know who Scott Kelby is. As a Photoshop nut, I've been following him for years.  He is the founder and president of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) as well as a prolific writer of books, magazines and educational materials for many software programs as well as photography, how to light it and process it. He has made a huge difference in the lives of most photographers and everyone who uses Photoshop. I remember reading his blog 4 years ago and realized I missed the first "Photowalk" where he suggested that photographers get together and help one another learn new things about their photography.  Since missing that first one, I haven't missed another. Three years ago I walked with about 50 other photographers in Coney Island. Last year I stayed local and walked across the Walkway Over the Hudson and this year I was fortunate enough to be invited by leader Catherine Bale, an amazing photographer herself, to participate in a walk on the West Point campus.
West Point Chapel is gorgeous with many stained glass windows and spectacular architecture.

We were blessed with a glorious Autumn day, after weeks of rain. West Point not only has magnificent architecture, but awesome views of the Hudson River, as well.

The camaraderie of other photographers was wonderful. There was even one very young photographer who was happy to play model as well as photographer.


As always, I took way too many photos, so if you'd like to see more, go to www.chriscina.net. Be sure and sign up for a Photowalk next year, or just grab a group of photography-nut friends and plan a photowalk for yourselves. I currently have a very long list of places I'm dying to get out and shoot. I'll work on that list, in the meantime, you have a great time shooting yourselves!


Comments

  1. Chris great job. I missed this year as my niece got married that weekend. The West Point Chapel is one of my favorites. The flags that were carried into battle always get me. We toured the Naval Academy this August which was great but it is not West Point .I wish the point was a bit more visitor friendly but understand why it is not.

    Wish I was in Acadia this week!

    All the best.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Getting Out and Shooting Again