Life is one great adventure

“Do not go where the path will lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” 
Ralph Waldo Emerson



So, I was surprised to see that my last post was only 2 weeks ago and a lifetime ago. I've been to a memorial service in South Carolina, shot school photos in New Rochelle, did an engagement shoot,


a Ribbon Cutting at a Conveyor Belt company, and visited Austin for our granddaughter's first Halloween.
My little lobster with her carniverous Mommy and Daddy.
 Oh, and we sold our house in New York and are buying one in Austin. This is more of a shock to me than to anyone. I never WANTED to move to Texas. I am the Hudson Valley Gal. I wrote tourism articles for years boasting about all of the amenities the Hudson Valley has to offer. I have a website, www.HudsonValleyScenes.com! And yet, we experimented this past summer and rented a condo in Austin and fell in love with it. There is relatively no snow in Austin, the price of living is cheaper than NY and our beautiful little Granddaughter is there and we so want to be a part of her life.
 
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans     – John Lennon

And so we are starting a new adventure in life. One that I hope is filled with family and friends coming to visit, lots of new travel experiences and a new perspective on the Southwest. A photographer buddy told me yesterday that the color balance we get used to here is very different than the color balance that is accurate there. Interesting. 

One thing I know for sure, I will always enjoy coming home to this view from the airplane.

Happy shooting, friends, and may you encounter many fabulous new adventures, too.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Doing my best to capture Austin's weirdness