Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas - Happy Holiday!

Ah - I just discovered 45 free minutes while my pecan pie bakes. I am thoroughly enjoying this holiday season as I have made time to make some presents from my heart, stop and enjoy the company of people who have been tremendously meaningful to me and take walks as often as I can (thank you weather for remaining mild) to help me ward off the abundance of sugar and unneeded calories.

Life has been hectic as we bid on a house but lost it to a higher bidder and then discovered another that is a truely lovely house, but it did require a relatively unplanned trip to Austin Texas last weekend.  All-in-all, life is good. The engineer gave it a great report and, despite the need for cosmetic surgery, I believe we will live many long and productive years in this new house.


In other news, I won Print of the Year at the Dutchess Regional Professional Photographer's annual print competition. That blew me away! There were so many gorgeous photos - I was stunned when I realized they called my name.  I feel like I've come full-circle. A few years ago I joined that group because I saw a photo in the newspaper of someone showing their award-winning photo that had just won Print of the Year and the article gave info about the group, so I joined. Now I have that kudo under my belt. Pretty cool...and yet, it's just another day and I still feel the need to go out and take better images and more compelling photos. Here's the winner:
I am really looking forward to going to Big Bend National park in March and try to capture the cactus' in bloom.  Which reminds me, I just saw an EXCELLENT movie called Desert Flower. Awesome - enlightening and frightening at the same time.

But I digress, I just wanted to take the time here to wish all my friends, followers, fellow photographers a wonderful holiday season, surrounded by good friends, good food and good photography,

Keep shooting!  And have fun!

1 comment:

  1. You and Andy have no time for Christmas. You need to pack, pack and more pack! Make your reservations for Big Bend now or you will need a tent and the nights there will chill you to the bone. Your new house is a "little castle" and you're going to love it with or with out cosmetics, but a little lipstick there some blush here and it will be perfecto. I can't wait until you are in Texas 'cause Art's and The Magnolia are calling....and Charlotte too.
    Merry Christmas and a Texas New Year!
    Frank

    ReplyDelete