Keeping busy

In keeping with my last post, about iphoneography, I wouldn't have gotten these shots if it weren't for having my phone with me. While I love my camera, it is heavy and is not always on my person. The first is my neighborhood as I left yesterday morning. Phone in my hand - no intention of bringing camera with me to a Photoshop Workshop - and voila - a mood piece that was easy to achieve.
 This was a quick grab on the River Walk in San Antonio where the workshop was held. Again, I didn't bring my camera along because I would have had to worry about it's security all day and would have had to had it with me at all times - but this was a nice grab with the phone.
Here's one more I got of the torrential rain falling while my husband was driving.  I think everyone can get a sense of, "been there. Done that" with this one.

I am a still a firm believer in my Nikon gear, and without that, I never would have gotten this.

I was asked to photograph this puppy as a birthday gift and I got so many nice shots, I hated to select just the one, so I had fun making a composite that captured a variety of the puppy's many moods.


One of the fun things I did this past week was a Photowalk with Trey Ratcliff. I've been an admirer of Trey's photography, blog, books and traveling experiences for several years now and HOPED that in moving to Austin I might meet him one day. Well, I never really got close to him because of the crowd and pouring rain, but I was happy to be shooting in his presence in such a cool venue as the South by Southwest (SXSW) festival in Austin.

 It was actually more fun shooting the people and the atmosphere than any of the cool things in Austin.

These were taken with my camera, despite the raindrops that were falling. Someone told me to look into a lens condom - it's definitely on my list of things to do this week.

Naturally, when the sun came back out, I registered for a day with Kelby Training's instructor Ben Willmore for a day-long seminar on Photoshop CS5. I had actually taken this once before but it was nice to get re-inspired and to see that I HAVE picked up a lot of tricks along the way and there are still many that I need to try out. His smoke sculptures were amazing. Stay tuned - I am going to try them out this week.

Well, friends, keep shooting whatever you've got. And, leave me a note or a link so I can see what you've been shooting.  As a new friend I met this week said, I love to share my photos!

Happy Spring!

Comments

  1. Very cool pictures; I'm so glad you made it out to the T.R. photo shoot despite the crowd and rain ... and bluebonnet season is here, how wonderful is that!
    WMM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Getting Out and Shooting Again