Highly Recommending an Ed Heaton Workshop


I just came back from five glorious days in West Virginia. I wasn't quite sure why  was going to West Virginia - I wanted to go to Utah...but several friends had come back from an Ed Heaton workshop in the Grand Tetons and were raving about how much fun it was and how much they had enjoyed to help and support of Ed and Kelly Heaton and the weekend was far more affordable that a week away (that my husband would have insisted on going along) so now I have to save up for Utah next year because West Virginia exceeded all of my expectations.



First of all, I had no idea how beautiful West Virginia is. It seemed chock full of waterfalls, bridges and quaint country roads and Ed Heaton has scoped them all out and knows just how to get a small group of photographers motivated and up to photograph them in their best light.

Many of us came just to see this (and I am so happy I was able to capture it):

Glade Creek Grist Mill, Babcock State Park

Ed, Kelly and their son Zach were all very supportive.  I found them warm and genuine and they frequently asked if any of us had any questions or needed any help.  Ed was a lifesaver for me as he helped me resolve my tripod problems. Somehow I had managed to be constantly loosening screws and my camera always seemed to be slipping.  He showed me how to resolve my tripod hangups and gave me a solution that worked successfully from then on.  His wife Kelly, a good photographer as well, helped me find some good compositions.  Zach helped carry my equipment across a few rock crossings while he and Ed both helped me make my way along the rocks despite the anxiety that was paralyzing me.  This is the view that I wouldn't have captured if they had let me stay back as I had wanted.



The entire trip was a lot of fun, gave me the opportunity to meet several good photographers and showed me just how beautiful West Virginia is.  It was so great being out in nature, enjoying my passion with like-minded souls and learning new tricks and techniques that will hopefully improve my photography.  Seriously consider taking an Ed Heaton Workshop. He goes to a lot of awesome places and is a great team leader for getting you out, inspired and creative.

#New River Gorge Bridge

Now to start saving for Utah and the Grand Tetons!

Keep shooting Friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Housekeeping