Out of commission; but Back in the Saddle now

Came down with strep last week but the worst part was, I had a coughing fit while on my feet and threw my back out. Thankfully my husband nursed me and I slept for three solid days. I discovered that was much better medicine than trying to "continue on" which I've done in the past and ended up suffering with a bad back for close to six weeks instead of this much more reasonable 3 days.

I did miss getting out there and shooting but I was entertained by watching the images my photographer friends posted on Facebook while I was down and out.  I felt well enough to help shovel our walkway and get out to take a few images in the latest 10" we got.
Poor Santa. He's really hoping to get back to the North Pole soon.

I was able to attend the Photo Competition at Dutchess Regional Professional Photographer's last week and did feel good about having two of my images receive merit scores. There were many spectacular images presented that evening, so it was a tough night for the judges.  There is a tiny red speck in this image which is, in fact, another photographer. I titled the image "Looking for the Perfect Sunset" because that's what he looked like he was doing to me. The judges advised that I clone him out and give the photo a simpler name.
OK. So I may give this one another try sometime. In the meantime, I got to go to Long Beach Island this weekend, where my pictures sell at several galleries. I thought it would be nice to get some winter shots. Tell me what you think?








This last one is an icon at LBI. It's been there forever, so people look forward to seeing it as they cross the bridge to get to their favorite vacation spot. Well, I sure was happy to be there shooting away and feeling human again.
Happy shooting, friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Doing my best to capture Austin's weirdness