Trip to the Beach

Following the theme of getting away, I am happy to report that I just returned from a 3 day "Girls" weekend at Long Beach Island in NJ. My "girl friends" are as young as 18 and as mature as 87 and all 6 of us are creative, intelligent compadres who enjoyed a lot of laughs and way too much great food.

As all my weekends go, it also provided me with a nice modicum of photography.
 Notice how the lines all lead you into the picture. Look for patterns and textures and lines. We were fortunate to have such a beautiful sky. Gray skies make good light on a subject but are horrible in the upper part of a photo.  On a gray sky day, focus tighter on your subject. Try and cut out the sky entirely. If you are photographing people, put them up against a brick wall or a weathered building - the texture will add to feel of the picture. Don't put people in front of a very busy background - it distracts the viewer from seeing what is important.  Keep it simple. Fewer elements are better than many elements. Happy shooting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Getting Out and Shooting Again