Some of life's little lessons

"Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
                                                                                    –  Ralph Waldo Emerson


I've come to a quiet place in my new career. I left the newspaper industry in July to spread my wings as a freelance photographer. I was fortunate to have several assignments and plans in the ensuing weeks. I've shot a few weddings, worked with a team of school photographers, done a few head shots a few advertising shots and now... life has gotten quiet.

Time to take a look at some of the images I've taken to see how they can be improved and select some favorites for a new portfolio.  I've been fortunate to have learned some new techniques for enhancing existing photos.  Like making panoramas....

and making already dramatic skies pop.....
This world is filled with great teachers who are willing to share their expertise. I've learned so much from joining camera clubs (DRPPHVPPSNY) where guest speakers like Joe Brady share their amazing expertise. And I've had the pleasure of taking photo workshops with geniuses like Joe McNally, Moose Peterson and Robert Rodriguez Jr. all of whom are eager to share their knowledge and help watch a fellow photographer grow.  All of those I've mentioned, and many others, provide tons of great information on their websites, blogs and in books they have written.

We are so blessed to live in a spectacularly beautiful world and be given the talent and education on how to try and capture the emotion we feel when we witness a beautiful landscape. So, it is a joy to share some of that and try to encourage others to get out there and try and capture a moving image. As Robert Rodriguez said to us in Acadia, "Do not say 'this is how the landscape looks', but rather 'this is how I represent and interpret the landscape I encounter.'"


I hope I am making moving representations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Getting Out and Shooting Again