Shooting What I Like Most

I have hit a crossroads - having always wanting to be a professional photographer and having spent two years attempting to market myself as "I can do everything."

And I have thoroughly enjoyed doing a whole lot of things. I've done weddings (it's like running a very stressful marathon). I've sold cards and small matted prints in local gift shops. I've gone to a lot of seminars and won a few awards.  I've done events and marketing photos and now I've landed in Austin, Texas and am trying to figure out, what next? I am still smitten by the bug that demands that I go out and capture life's beautiful moments.  My favorite subject of late is Miss Charlotte.

Being a Grandma is more fun than I could have ever imagined and having a subject who is so willing to look right into the camera and smile for me is especially awesome.  Now my largest problem is, what do do with the thousands of pictures I take of the dear child?

We recently had a date at a magical peacock park here in Austin. There were so many great shots... I made a collage... But I still think my favorite was her first real awareness of the creatures.
But then there are so many firsts....
Her first goat....

Her first cake....

Her first swing....
Taking some of her very first steps...

This is only a very small sample. I'm not going to make any money off shooting this little monkey, but it is the thing that gives me most joy as I try and figure out just what I want to be when I grow up.

And the person who allows me to blissfully take all these pictures and enjoy grand parenthood with me, is "Popsie," my partner in crime who helps me to capture Charlotte's every blessed moment.
Find something you love to shoot and enjoy capturing those moments!

 
To love what you do and feel that it matters - how could anything be more fun? 
                                                                                                    – Katherine Graham

Comments

  1. This post is awesome, Chris - You are awesome!
    And all these beautiful photos of your granddaughter will be cherished by her as she gets older because they show how much she is loved. Mmay you have many more firsts to capture!
    W'M

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Doing my best to capture Austin's weirdness