"I get by with a little help from my friends" - John Lennon and Paul McCartney

"The miracle is this: the more we share, the more we have."
                                                                                     -Leonard Nimoy

Just wanted to talk about the importance of forming a good, supportive network. I am so blessed to have several "bff's" - at least that's how Sandy O'Shea Viola puts it. I believe she means "best photography friends" as opposed to the best friends forever acronym that the kids like to use. At any rate, I am so glad she considers me one of her bff's because she is a truly talented photographer who has been an amazing friend and resource and who is willing to share trade secrets, techniques and frustrations. She's also an inspiration as she posts a daily photo on Facebook - her 365 Day Photo Challenge. And each one seems to be better than the day before.


Another fantastic photographer who has become a very valued friend and who has made herself available to help me with a some complicated shoots is Patti Hale.  Not only does she offer advice and suggestions, she's shared her very expensive equipment with me and been there by my side to help me with new situations and challenges.


Sharon Lieberman is another woman I am blessed to have in my network.  I met all of these women at DRPP and always recommend that you get involved with a local photography group.  Sharon is one of my biggest fans, always there to cheer me on, comment on my best images and make suggestions about how to make other images better (and she's a bookkeeper who makes sense of my disorganized paperwork).


I've had the opportunity to have lunch with all of these dynamite women this past week and realize how lucky I am to have them in my life and how important it is to have people you can speak the same language with, share camera and software frustrations with, and simply watch grow as artists.

So, here's to friends who challenge you, help you, hang out with you, value you.

Happy shooting this week, my friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Doing my best to capture Austin's weirdness