Keeping Austin Weird

I just realized that we are starting week three of our adventure today. We left two weeks ago today; took possession of our condo one week ago and have been acclimating and discovering ourselves to beautiful, but hot. Austin ever since.  Austin has a lot to see and offer. They have a very funky sense of art. Graffiti seems to be everywhere.
And they love color!
There are some magnificent flowers and signs of nature.

And some great places to dine... our list of places to try is quite long.  The Iguana Grill was so good we're going back on Sunday for Andy's birthday. (See views from dining below)
We visited the LBJ Library on the University of Texas campus. Here's what his oval office looked like. It was a wonderful place to explore seeing as how the temperature was 105.


The evenings and early mornings are a little cooler. Sunday night I met up with a group of photographers to try and capture the city's ambiance in black and white.




But I still like it in color.
I am looking forward to going to the Weird museum and the Art museum as well as getting back to the Farmer's Market with my camera. But, for now, I'm headed to my favorite place:
Keep shooting, friends and keep COOL!!

Comments

  1. That was great!You need to hit Mayfeld park..take Mopac North to 35th street...go west til it almost ends... it is on the left.. a quick to see entrance that is one way!! The Peacocks and Peafowl are beautiful, but go early in the am or in the evening about 7ish...
    http://www.mayfieldpark.org/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Doing my best to capture Austin's weirdness