Visiting Georgetown, Texas

When I first arrived in Austin, someone told me to check out Georgetown for it's charm and architecture.  It's been on my list of places to explore for the last seven months, and now it's on my list of places I must go back to - preferably on a Sunday morning when the light is low and the crowds are negligible. This trip, unfortunately was on a blazing hot mid afternoon which I know is not a good time to shoot, but somehow I can't help myself.
 I just love reflections and Georgetown has a great old town hall right in the middle, with all kinds of coll shops surrounding it on four sides. Here is a reflection of that traditional building.
The newspaper building has a "paper lady" sitting outside, made up of all kinds of cool headlines. Naturally she is reading.

Cool architecture, fun artwork and a real sense of community, I stopped in a few stores (for air conditioning and research) and it really felt like a place I'd love to live in...or even just spend a few days as a tourist.



More reflections - the traditional building in the background with beautiful Native Indian garb in the foreground.
Love the dolphin watching over the town. What a lovely place Georgetown, Texas is. Looking forward to another visit in the Fall.


Happy shooting friends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Getting Out and Shooting Again