Some creative shooting time

I've been doing a lot of writing lately – not what I PLANNED to do but somehow I accepted a few freelance writing gigs and, bingo, I'm researching and banging away. One interesting article just published at http://www.photoenthusiast.net was on How to Get Freelance Photography Jobs. Everytime I wote a suggestion, I had to follow up and TAKE my own suggestion.  So, it took me a while to write, but I already got a posting from a photographer who enjoyed it and thanked me for my tips!

To treat myself to some "me" time, I signed up for a workshop with Robert Rodriguez Jr. that was arranged by Scenic Hudson at it's Long Dock Beacon park.
 It was written up as a "Beginners" class so I thought it might help me with this blog, offering some good tips. Everyone who showed up had "big guns" - I guess they were all followers of Rodriguez's work. He did REMIND me of the IMPORTANCE of having my tripod (which I had taken out of my trunk for full moon pics 2 days before and never returned) and, all in all, we had fun shooting a "not so exciting" sunset in a magnificent setting.
 I also did an engagement shoot this weekend at Pepsico Sculpture Park. Gorgeous day and place but not my best shoot. Bride kept closing her eyes. UGH! How am I going to deal with THAT at the wedding? Stay tuned!

Happy shooting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cead Mile Failte Ireland

Day Trip with my Daughter

Getting Out and Shooting Again